The metal centerless grinding process is similar to centred grinding except no spindle is used. Instead, the cylindrical metal workpiece is supported by two opposed grinding wheels and feed at a controlled speed.
Centerless grinding is a very economical form of metal processing as you can achieve a high through put.
There are several different types of metal centerless grinding:
- Through feed centerless grinding
- Infeed centerless grinding
- End feed centerless grinding (this method creates a tapered effect)
- Internal centerless grinding
Centerless grinding enables you to grind parts with geometries, you can remove odd numbered lobbing on the shaft of a part and you can maintain a size beyond the capabilities of an OD grinder.
Metal centerless grinding is a process suitable for stainless steel, aluminium, copper, brass, nickel alloys and bronze.
Whether you are looking for a small quantity or a large order, give us a call and we’ll source it for you. All we need to know is:
- Outside and internal diameter
- Width and thickness tolerance
- Whether it’s for a one off delivery or call of demand
All orders come with full mill certification so call us now on 0800 0113 091 for more information or to place an order.